For The Dough
3 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Salt ( iodized )
1 1/3 cup Warm Water
2 1/4 tsp Yeast ( see note for yeast at bottom)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese( I prefer Dragone low moisture cheese)
1 cup toppings of your choice
For The sauce
1 29oz can Tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried Oregano
1/8 tsp Pepper
A pinch of Red pepper flakes
1. place flour and salt in a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment,mix until just combined, make a well in the center and add the warm water and yeast let sit for five minutes.
2. When the yeast water mixture is set, then add the sugar and olive oil mix all together on medium speed until combined and then put on highest speed and mix for five minutes ( the dough will be very sticky and wet). Add another 1/4 to a 1/2 cup and more if needed.
3. Take out of bowl and place on floured surface knead until soft and no longer sticky. Place in another bowl drizzle with olive oil cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
4. While the dough is rising, start on the sauce put all the ingredients into a large saucepan and mix let sit on low temp for a couple hours, so all the flavor come together.
5. When the dough has doubled in size,preheat oven to 500 degrees, and remove the dough from bowl and split into two equal portions, roll out on floured surface to a 9 x 15 inch rectangle, put on a lightly greased pizza pan, spread 3/4 cup of the sauce on the pizza dough, then place 1 cups of the cheese on top spread evenly, and drizzle 2 tablespoons olive over the top, stick in oven bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the top is brown and sizzling, remove from oven let rest for 5 to 10 minutes until slightly cooled.
Note: If using active dry yeast let sit five minutes to rise in water,if your using instant then you don’t have to let rest you can just add the ingredients